Why invest in teaching your employees how to effectively handle stress?
- 80% of workers feel stress on the job, nearly half say they need help in learning how to manage stress and 42% say their coworkers need such help.
- 25% have felt like screaming or shouting because of job stress, 10% are concerned about an individual at work they fear could become violent.
- 62% routinely find that they end the day with work-related neck pain, 44% reported stressed-out eyes, 38% complained of hurting hands and 34% reported difficulty in sleeping because they were too stressed-out.
- According to a survey of 800,000 workers in over 300 companies the number of employees calling in sick because of stress tripled from 2000 to 2003. A three year study conducted by one large corporation found that 60% of employee absences could be traced to psychological problems that were due to job stress. $200 billion a year is lost to industry from stress-related ailments.
Scientific studies now show that meditation is the most effective tool in countering some of the most costly expenses in the workplace today. Meditation training in the workplace:
- Stops unproductive responses to stress
- Reduces days off from work due to stress related illness
- Increases employee retention
- Diminishes negative attitudes
- Promotes personal accountability and responsiveness
- Develops greater focus
- Enhances creativity
- Increases productivity
Why does meditation work?
Meditation teaches us how to get control over our thinking processes.Â It prevents us from wasting time and energy with â€śmindlessâ€ť chatter and allows us to focus more of our attention to whatâ€s before us. Most of us have never been taught how to increase our mental resources, yet it is the most effective tool in increasing performance. In one session most people find they can achieve immediate results that really make a difference.
For decades, researchers at the National Institutes of Health, the University of Massachusetts, and the Mind/Body Medical Institute at Harvard University have sought to document how meditation enhances the qualities companies need in their human capital: sharpened intuition, steely concentration, and plummeting stress levels. What's different today is groundbreaking research showing that when people meditate, they alter the biochemistry of their brains. The evolution of powerful mind-monitoring technologies has also enabled scientists to scan the minds of meditators on a microscopic scale, revealing fascinating insights about the plasticity of the mind and meditation's ability to sculpt it.
In our society, people are very involved in the physical fitness craze, working out several times a week, but few pay that kind of attention to their minds. Yet, modern neuroscience is showing that our minds are as plastic as our bodies. Meditation can help train your mind in the same way exercise can train your body.
As an employer, your greatest asset if your workforce. They make or break your ability to deliver the product/service that makes your company a success. The small investment in meditation training can create lasting results that will increase your bottom line â€“ guaranteed.Â
Past programs offered (titles can be adapted to fit your needs):
- The Secret to Handling Stress - Meditation Tools that Really Work
- Meditation Techniques for Mastering Your Mind
- Eliminating Stress & Living a More Balanced Life - Keys to Increased Productivity
- Practicing Mindfulness to Maximize Your Performance
In addition, Jan offers programs in mission focused decision making that can stand alone or be offered in conjunction with stress reduction training:
- Working with Intention - Creating Favorable Outcomes
- The Power of Choice - Integrating Your Intentions/Mission into Every Decision
- Working Together - The Art of Making Effective Group Decisions
Format Options and Alternatives:
- Each program can be presented as a 60 to 90 minute session.
- Or, a half-day workshop
- Or, can be combined with other programs to create half-day or full day workshop options
- Or, private coaching sessions are available for key executives/employees.